Summer has arrived and I am always on the hunt for fun and unique places to take my kids for a day of fun. When I learned that Dinosaur World is just about an hour away from the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, I thought it would be a great destination for a day trip.
I loaded up the car with my son and his friend and we hit the road for a day of adventure at Dinosaur World in Glen Rose, Tx.
As soon as we pulled into the parking lot we were greeted with life size Dinosaurs and the kids were immediately excited. We entered at the gift shop to get our tickets and took a few minutes to look around. The boys took a minute to make a souvenir penny and then they were ready to explore the 20 acres of all things dinosaur.
During our visit to Dinosaur World, there were many highlights. The boys constantly had my head spinning trying to get my attention to show me something new. I honestly didn’t know what to expect at the park but all the attractions held our attention the entire time we were there. I’m going to share with you what you can expect on your visit to Dinosaur World.
5 Things You Will Love When You Visit Dinosaur World
# 1 The Museum
Just as you enter the park, the museum sets in a building of it’s own. There are several halls with displays of prehistoric dinosaur eggs, raptor claws, meteorites and much more. I wasn’t sure the boys would be that interested but they were truly amazed at all there was on display. This is a very educational exhibit and we came away learning a lot we didn’t know.
# 5 Fossil Dig
Another interactive area of the park is the Fossil Dig. Kids will get their own sifters to sift through the sand and find fossils. There is a display in this area identifying which type of fossils can be found. Your child will be able to choose their 3 favorite fossils to take home with them. The boys were able to take home shark teeth and some other pretty cool fossils. The Fossil Dig is held at specified times each day so you might want to plan what time you will need to be in this area of the park.
Good To Know….
- You can bring your own food and drink into the park. Covered picnic benches are provided next to the museum and also at the playground.
- Wear comfy shoes. The Dinosaur Path is roughly a mile long and you will want to be comfortable! I wore flip flops and that was not such a great idea!
- Brink along bottled water for your walk through the park. It gets pretty hot during the summer! Drink machines are available at the entrance of the park.
- Remember sunscreen!
- The Fossil Dig and Dino Gem Excavation are not included in the General Admission ticket price.
- Kids can enjoy a large covered sand pit to uncover fake fossils and bones. This is not an additional charge.
- Dinosaur World is pet friendly.
*I was provided with complimentary passes to Dinosaur World. All opinions expressed are my own.